In the case of inclement weather, Holy Redeemer Catholic School will follow the guidelines set by the Diocesan Superintendent of Catholic Schools.
These guidelines are as follows:
If the Osceola County public schools close due to the impending storm, Holy Redeemer Catholic School must also close. Holy Redeemer Catholic School may re-open before the public schools if the school building and roads are safe.
Although the Diocese contacts the newspapers, TV, and radio stations, we are subject to the media’s willingness to list our school closure and re-opening announcements. Any attempt of notification is subject to the availability of utility services.
Therefore the following procedures will be utilized in the event Holy Redeemer Catholic School re-opens earlier than the Osceola County Public Schools.
- The school’s phone messaging service and Email accounts will notify parents of the school re-opening. Therefore we ask you to keep the school office updated with your most current phone numbers (cell and land lines) and Email accounts.
- There will be an updated message on the school’s main answering machine.
- Access Holy Redeemer Catholic School (holyredeemerkissimmee.org), the Diocese (http://www.orlandodiocese.org/ministries-offices/schools), or the school’s parent portal.
- The marquee at the front of the school will be updated as necessary.
- Classroom phone trees.
- Most importantly—use your common sense and good judgment.